Too many times people tell me that opossums are nothing more than oversized rats...and it is just not true.
- Rats are rodents. Opossums are marsupials...like kangaroos and koalas.
- Opossums have been around since the dinosaurs...so they must be doing something right.
- Opossums are not only immune to most venomous snake bites, they may hold the key to treating snake bites.
- Opossums body temperature is too low to harbor the rabies virus.
- They have a prehensile tail...like a monkey.
- They have opposable thumbs...like you 🙂